Thursday, April 10, 2014

Coupla Drawings





One can do almost anything with drawing, and the results can look quite different.  The top is a more abstract but a recognizable studio table still life.  I wanted to emphasize the scatteredness of the items.  I didn't change anything, but the things were changed nevertheless (by the other artist who actually uses the table).  Such is life, or such is still life.

The second drawing, also abstract but in a different mode, is this afternoon's walk-'n'-draw, the bird house tree on Stratton Road that I have done before.  Both are 9x12.  After quickly making this afternoon's drawing, I clamped the drawing pad to lessen smudging, and walked home with a very dirty set of fingers on my right hand trying to remember not to touch my face.

No comments: